× Close

How to request a BRP for au pair host families

Datum: 21/02/2022
Over de Auteur: Dit blog is gepubliceerd door iemand binnen het team van Nanny Nina. We hopen je te informeren, verrassen en te verblijden met onze content!

Read everything you need to know about arranging your pair BRP (Basis Registratie Personen) in this blog. For the visum application of an au pair you need to provide a document that is called “Basis Registratie Personen”. In this blog you can read all about how to get this document at your municipality, which BRP you need and what the costs are. So let’s get started, shall we?

What is a BRP and why do I need it?

In the “Basis Registratie Personen” (BRP) the municipality keeps track of changes in your household. For example: if a baby is born or if you move, this is mentioned in this register. When you host an au pair it’s important to know for the IND that you and your children are all registered at the address where the au pair will be registered as well. This is one of the requirements to host an au pair. This document is also used to check that you are a two-family household – or more – as also this is one of the au pair host family rules. 

nanny nina academy student kijkt naar laptop om brp aan te vragen

Which type BRP do I need to choose? 

Let’s start with the most important tip from Nanny Nina: order a BRP where all your family members are stated and preferably in the same document! Why? Well…. You need to prove to the government that you and your partner (if you have one) and all of your children all live at the address you provide.

The au pair can only take care of the children registered at that address. If your municipality does not offer a BRP type where all members are mentioned in the same document, then you either need two seperate documents with you and your children – and one with just your partner. Or you can order a seperate document for each of the family members. This is more expensive, because you pay around 12 euros per document.

How and where do you get the BRP?

You can request your BRP online at the site of your municipality. You also need a DigiD account to log in. After you are logged in you choose the type of BRP. 

Which BRP type should I choose?

It doesn’t matter what the name of the BRP type is, or what the description says, as long as all your family members that live at your address are all noted in the document(s). The reason is that the au pair can only take care of the children that are mentioned in the BRP. If your municipality does not offer the option to get all your family members on one document, please order separate documents for all of your family members. Our au pair agency needs this in order to do the visa application at IND.

Request BRP step by step

1: Go to the site of your municipality and click on “request BRP”

2: Log in with your DigiD account

3: Select the BRP with all of your family members

4: Pay for the BRP

Persoon die met een zwarte pen een to list maakt in een notitieboekje met ruitjes om brp aan te vragen

BRP for Co-parenting and divorced couples

This BRP rule is a little difficult for families that co-parent, as the children can only be registered only at one of the parents addresses. The solution for this is to host a live-in nanny from the EU. If you are interested in a live-in nanny from the EU please contact [email protected] for more information.

What about the privacy of the BRP?

As there is sensitive information in the BRP, the government has an explanation on how they use your information. You can find the privacy policy right here.

So now you know exactly what a BRP is, why you need to have it and what it costs. If you have any more questions about hosting an au pair, please take a look at this blog where we discuss the 40 most asked au pair questions.

au pair met haar host kinderen zittend op een blauwe bank

Related Posts